|• The deck of the Ordsall Chord across the River Irwell in Salford is in place; Princes Bridge has been removed and replaced by a new footbridge. Building work is also well underway at the nearby Middlewood site.
• Bury Bridge Trading Estate has been put up for sale by C&RT; the Bury terminus of the canal lies beneath the site. Needless to say we are very disappointed about this. We intend to speak to the new owners in due course.
• Ian Astbury has taken over as Working Party Organiser as Steve Dent now has work commitments at weekends; Steve will continue in an advisory capacity.
• The Craft and Food Fair held on 19th November raised £605; special thanks go to Liz Donlan, Ian Astbury & Chris Nash in particular, and to all those who helped out on the day.
• We had a useful meeting with C&RT Area Manager David Baldacchino and Steve O’Sullivan in November. Discussions are continuing about rebuilding the bullnose and the back wall at the start of the Bury arm. We are also going to discuss a full restoration strategy with C&RT.
• The major towpath improvements between Radcliffe and Nob End are now expected to start in the summer.
• Finally I have now given 100 talks about the canal since 2007.